An IELTS test taker from Israel (thanks, D!) remembered the following topics and questions from a recent exam:
Section 1. A woman was making a catering reservation for her husband’s birthday.
Section 2. A description of new cottages project near a park, including a map of the park’s facilities.
Section 3. Students discussed the studies they conducted including essays and presentations.
Section 4. A lecture about public and personal expenditure.
Passage 1. About a picture that was found and suspected to be Leonardo da Vinci’s work.
Passage 2. A text that compared characteristics of oldest children to their brothers and sisters.
Passage 3. A text about accidental developments.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a table that described the prices of six different items (milk, newspapers, petrol, hamburgers, concert tickets and TV sets) in 1981 and 2011 and the percentages of price change. We had to compare them.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that governments must insist on preserving traditional appearance of old buildings undergoing renovation or redevelopment. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live now?
– Let’s talk about your home.
– Can you describe it, please?
– What is your favorite room in the house?
– Why is that so?
– In which part of the country do you live?
– What do you like about it?
– Let’s talk about science.
– Do you like science?
– Do you watch scientific shows on TV?
– Are there any science museums in your country?
Talk about a family that you know well (but not your own). Please say
– Describe this family.
– Where and when did you meet for the first time?
– Why do you like this family?
– Let’s talk about families.
– Do you know any other families?
– Is it common for an extended family to live under one roof in your country?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
– Who is the head of the family in you country? Why?
– In what way do digital devices influence family relationships?
- IELTS test in Canada – March 2016 (Academic Module) Two IELTS test takers A and P from Canada remembered…
- IELTS test in Brisbane, Australia – April 2016 (Academic Module) Our friend A took the IELTS test in Brisbane, Australia…
- IELTS test in Iran – March 2016 (Academic Module) Thanks to two IELTS test takers from Iran we have…
- IELTS test in India and Israel – August 2015 (Academic Module) Thanks to S, B and A we have the topics…
- IELTS test in Iran – February 2016 (Academic Module) An IELTS test taker from Iran remembered the following information…