Our friends R and S took the IELTS test in India and remembered the following details:
Section 1. A phone conversation with an insurance company representative.
Section 2. A map description of a school and its facilities.
Questions: multiple choice.
Section 3. An article about satisfaction that described cases of full, partial satisfaction and no satisfaction at all.
Section 4. About a tunnel for water and sewage line.
Passage 1. About working relationships of employees and employers.
Questions: True/False/Not Given, filling in blanks.
Passage 2. Don’t remember.
Passage 3. About the history of watch.
Questions: True/False/Not Given, filling in blanks, matching statements to paragraphs.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have applied for a course in a college, but there were no places available. Write a letter to the principal and ask to enrol for the next available course. Include the following:
– Why do you want to do this course?
– What other options would you like to explore?
– Suggest your solution to this situation.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays music and newspapers are available online. What are the advantages and disadvantages of such services? Give your own opinion followed by relevant examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
Cue Card 1
Talk about an instance when you used a foreign language for the first time. Please say
– when it was
– why you spoke in a foreign language
– how it made you feel
– How many foreign languages do you know?
– Is it easy to learn a foreign language?
Cue Card 2
Talk about a holiday that you really enjoyed. Please say
– when it was
– where you went
– what you did
– why you enjoyed that holiday
– Let’s talk about vacations.
– What type of vacations do you prefer, with friends or family?
– How hard is it to take time off from work? Why?
– Do you like short or long vacations? Why?
- IELTS test in India – February 2016 (General Training) Below are the topics and questions from a recent IELTS…
- IELTS test in India – April 2016 (General Training) Our friend R took the IELTS test in India and…
- IELTS test in India – November 2015 (General Training) Below are the questions J remembered from his IELTS exam…
- IELTS test in India and Israel – August 2015 (Academic Module) Thanks to S, B and A we have the topics…
- IELTS test in India – November 2015 (General Training) Our friend S took her IELTS test in India and…