Our friend P took the IELTS test in Iran and remembered the following topics and questions:
Section 1. A phone conversation between a female customer and a man about buying insurance for her brother who was coming to the country the next day.
Section 2. A woman spoke during a school’s orientation day for parents, describing different parts of the school area on a map. The same woman later spoke about discipline in the school and what procedure students who misbehave would go through.
Section 3. Two students discussed the benefits and drawbacks of online courses for both students and professors.
Section 4. A lecture on a traditional underground man-made passage of water in the Middle East, especially Iran, which is called Qanat. About the climate it is built in, the engineering and structure, and its social importance.
Passage 1. About the birth of television before Second World War and all major scientists and researchers who contributed to its theoretical and practical development before and after this period.
Passage 2. The health of brain among elderly and laboratory studies on rats, which show how physical exercise can be crucial in keeping the brain from deterioration.
Passage 3. About traditional tourism, its economic potential, some disadvantages and possible gains if some modifications are made. Advantages and limitations of Eco-tourism were also discussed in the text.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a map of the USA on which there were four pie charts in four different parts (North East, Middle part, South and West) showing
the agricultural land used in different ways (Animal use, Forests, Crops, Other uses). We were asked to describe how the agricultural land is in use in the USA.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some believe buildings should be built in a way that serves their purpose rather than just look beautiful. Others, however, say buildings should represent art too. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- IELTS test in Iran – March 2016 (Academic Module) Thanks to two IELTS test takers from Iran we have…
- IELTS test in Israel – April 2016 (Academic Module) An IELTS test taker from Israel (thanks, D!) remembered the…
- IELTS test in Iran – February 2016 (Academic Module) An IELTS test taker from Iran remembered the following information…
- IELTS test in Turkey – May 2016 (Academic Module) Our friend G took the IELTS test in Turkey and…
- IELTS test in Australia and Iran – February 2016 (Academic Module) Here are the Writing and Speaking questions that two test…