Our kind friend P took the IELTS test in Canada and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You ordered an item on a company website, which should have been delivered the next day, but it never turned up. Write a letter to the manager and say
– what was the item
– why it was important that you get it immediately
– what you suggest the company should do now
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Many people believe that a member of the family is more important than a friend. Do you agree or disagree? Include your own opinion and examples from your experience.
– What is your full name?
– What can I call you?
– What do you do, study or work?
– Why did you choose this profession?
– Do you wear hats/caps? Do you like them?
– Why do you wear them?
– Why do people generally wear a hat?
– Does it represent any fashion?
– On what occasion people generally prefer wearing a hat?
– Do you read newspapers/magazines?
– Do you think your language can be influenced by reading them?
– What is the last newspaper/magazine you remember buying?
– Do you think in 50 years newspapers/magazines will still exist?
Talk about an item that you have or your family member has. Please say
– What is it?
– How does it look?
– For how long have you kept it?
– Is it good to have things like that?
– How does technology affect history?
– Do you think one can learn history online?
– Do you think museums are helpful in learning about history?
– How do people learn history from seeing the items in a museum?
– Do you think it’s important to keep things in a museum?
- IELTS test in Canada – January 2016 (General Training) An IELTS test taker from Canada (thanks, M!) remembered the…
- IELTS test in Canada – March 2016 (General Training) Our friend B took the IELTS test in Canada and…
- IELTS test in Canada – November 2015 (General Training) Our friend R took the IELTS test in Canada and…
- IELTS test in Canada – March 2016 (Academic Module) Two IELTS test takers A and P from Canada remembered…
- IELTS Speaking test in Canada – September 2015 Our friend S took the IELTS Speaking test in Canada…