An IELTS test taker from Scotland (thanks, F!) remembered the following details about a recent exam. F didn’t remember the Listening topics, but had a good recollection of everything else:
Passage 1. About lie detection.
Passage 2. About the clever pill (brain boosting medicine) and its future.
Questions: filling in blanks, short-answer questions (no more than X words), multiple choice.
Passage 3. About the process of making violins.
Questions: match headings to paragraphs.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart showing the land damage in four parts of the world (Asia, Africa, Australia and Europe) caused by over-grazing, tree destruction and farming.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Many people believe that schools should teach students good behavior as well as other subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you originally from?
– Where do you live now?
– Do you like it? Why?
– Is there a public transport available near your home?
– Do you intend to live there for a long time? Why?
– Do you like flowers?
– Do you have any plants in your home?
– What kind of plants are there?
– When was the last time you bought a plant?
– Have you ever had a garden?
– On what occasions do you use flowers in your country?
Talk about an instance when you received some good news. Please say
– What was the news?
– How did you receive the news?
– What did you do after that?
– Let’s talk about news.
– Do you think people have the right to know the true news?
– Do you think public organizations should tell people bad news?
– What is the best way to say it?
– Do you prefer to read or to listen to the news? Why?
– What qualifications should a person have to work in a top position of news corporation?
– Let’s talk about an online business.
– Do you think an online business is a good or a bad thing?
– How helpful is it in your opinion?
- IELTS test in Nigeria – May 2016 (Academic Module) An IELTS test taker from Nigeria shared the following details…
- IELTS test in Australia – June 2016 (Academic Module) An IELTS test taker from Australia (thanks, A!) remembered the…
- IELTS test in Bulgaria and Iran – July 2015 (Academic Module) Two IELTS test takers from Bulgaria and Iran (thanks Z…
- IELTS test in Canada – March 2016 (Academic Module) An IELTS test taker from Canada remembered the following writing…
- IELTS test in the UK – February 2016 (Academic Module) An IELTS test taker from the UK (thanks, S) shared…