Following are topics and questions that K remembered from a recent IELTS exam in Taiwan:
Section 1. A phone call about student placement.
Section 2. Two students were talking about the topic of their study.
Section 3. A manager introduced a new employee to the office and payroll on the first day of new employment.
Section 4. The history of wallets and purses.
Passage 1. A description of different museums.
Passage 2. About an internship opportunity in Ireland.
Passage 3. About London fog and its history.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You found a room at your company office that can be used as a relaxation room. Write a letter to your manager and ask to use it for this purpose. In your letter say
– Explain why you suggest this.
– Which room is it? Why?
– What changes will need to be done there?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
There is a trend of increasing amount of noise in our life. Why could this be a problem? What can be done to reduce it? Give your own opinion support it by examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live?
– Is it an apartment or a house?
– What type of place would you like to live in, in the future?
– Who is your favourite pop star?
– What is the difference between live performances and recordings?
Describe a drama series that you like to watch. Please say
– Who are the characters?
– What is it about?
– Why do you like it so much?
– What are popular topics on TV in your county? Why?
– What is the difference of TV shows in the past and now?
– Is there any positives in watching TV?
– Why did TV become so popular?
- IELTS test in Sydney, Australia – July 2017 (General Training) Our friend N recently took the IELTS test in Sydney,…
- IELTS test in Singapore – March 2017 (General Training) When N took the IELTS test in Singapore, they had…
- IELTS test in India – May 2017 (General Training) Our friend L took the IELTS test in India and…
- IELTS test in Iran – June 2017 (General Training) When S took the IELTS exam in Iran, the following…
- IELTS test in India – February 2017 (General Training) Thanks to H who took the IELTS test in India…